#MANIMONDAY MIDNIGHT MELT





Hi guys!
Tonight I decided to go with my favorite color at the moment! It is a gorgeous deep blue called "inky dinky" and its a gel like polish without the real gel hassle. 
It was one of the items in my last months IPSY bag (a super awesome subscription bag filled with everything girly- check it out).
I have been wearing it so often especially for this time of year, I thought I would glam it up a little with a gradient effect!

All you need is:
Base color of choice
(click here to purchase the one I used)
White nail polish
Cosmetic sponge purchased from shoppers drug mart (picture below)
Paper towel
Top coat (optional)

Apply base coat (I did mine twice)
let dry
I always like to set a paper towel under my hands while doing my nails it comes in handy
Now, on any surface of the sponge, apply a thin later of the white polish (I recommend painting it on only as wide as your nail otherwise it will be too wide and get too much onto your skin)
Don't worry if it looks like the layer is too thin, it makes the blending easier
If you have applied too much, it will go on solid as if you were painting a new color, so just dab the sponge onto the paper towel to get rid of the excess polish
Starting at the tip of your nail start dabbing the sponge so it gets fully covered
As the polish starts to get used up, work your way up how ever far you desire
Because there is less polish on the sponge, less is getting applied as you dab higher up your nail, which makes this pretty gradient! 
You can work the sponge on an angle (rather than straight across the nail) to help the blending
Before I move on to the next nail, I apply a top coat backwards (nail tip to nail bed) to help blur the color out as well as add that nice shine!
Clean up skin/edges with polish remover & done

Try it out! You can easily change up the colors or add more

Enjoy!






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top