QUICK&EASY STER-FRY DINNER !

Hey everyone!

Today I thought I would make a Recipe post on my favorite go to, quick but delicious dinner meal. 


Everyone has those days when you're just getting home from work; you're starving but don't feel like cooking this big ordeal of a meal for everyone. This recipe is for you!
Especially if you are a chinese food fan, this is also an alternative to ordering in (or out)! Like myself, I never like take out chinese. I always regret my decision after eating my meal.
This recipe is light on sauce so it really hits the spot well!

Note: If you aren't the greatest cook (i'm getting better..haha!) this dish is super easy so don't even worry about it!

Ingredients
  • 1 piece of Rice Vermicelli Noodles (My package has 3 large pieces)
  • 1 small package of Sirloin ster-fry (pre-cut) Beef - (i'm cooking for one + leftovers)
  • 1 Big handful of green beans 
  • 1/4 of medium onion, chopped
  • 1 half of Red pepper, sliced
  • 1 half of Orange pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup "Oriental style" bagged frozen veggies (purchased at Walmart)
  • LOW SODIUM Soy sauce (I just eyeballed this, Id say maybe 1/4 cup)
  • VH garlic hoisin sauce (Again, eyeballed to preference, around 3 tablespoons)

Directions

I always start my green beans first because I find they take the longest *

In a small to medium pot, bring water to a boil and add green beans. Once those are boiling, in a small to medium pan (depending on your amount of meat) cook beef on medium to high heat with lid on top. Once your meat is about half way cooked. Chop up your onion and throw in with beef.
Cut up your Peppers, throw those into a large pan on medium to high heat with 1/4 cup (?) of water (to steam them) put lid on top and let cook. Make sure you keep an eye on your peppers, dont let the pan dry out as it will lead to burning! (I've learned my lesson(s)).
Your beef and peppers should be done in no time! Once beef is fully cooked and your peppers, add beef into your large pan currently holding your peppers.
Add in your sauces (this is all a preference of how much sauce you like. I don't like mine too drenched in sauce (some people do though). Let simmer on medium.
All were waiting for now is for your green beans to be done! once those are done, scoop them OUT of the water and also place into your large pan. Add your "oriental style" frozen veggies into the large pan as well and cook all together on medium heat (again make sure there is a little moisture in your pan), place lid back on top. Keeping that pot boiling where the beans just came out of, add your rice noodles into the water. Boil for 1 minute. Strain noodles then add into the large pan.
Wallah! It looks like a large paragraph but only takes about 20 minutes!!

If this dish is just for one, you will probably have multiple servings left like me! Yum I love left overs! As well as less work to do tomorrow, and lunch for work! 

Enjoy everyone I hope you like this dish as much as I do.
Now, with my extra freed up time, Its back to my vampire diaries binge!








CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top