GUILT FREE CHEESECAKE!

Hello my darlings!

What are you? A candy person? Or a chocolate person? 
People who say they choose candy over chocolate baffle me, like why?
The only kind of candy I remember eating was fun dip and candy necklaces, besides that yuck! I am a die hard chocolate kind of type.
Its maybe a teeny tiny problem of mine, so I always like trying healthy versions of my favorite treats! I thought I would share this one because its become my new favorite.
Not all of my attempts at a healthy version of a specific dessert have turned out. A lot of them have turned out being jello like blobs in attempt to be a healthy 'cookie'. Lets just say my boyfriend now replies when I say i'm baking with "the healthy kind or the good kind? please make the unhealthy good kind those last ones were weird" hahaha. THANKS BABE. 
For all you mediocre skilled bakers like myself, this ones for you because trust me it is easy and actually tastes delicious! 

I came across this recipe on pinterest, but have tweaked it slightly to my preference.

GUILT FREE CHEESECAKE


I like to think that this is a healthy alternative because cottage cheese and plain greek yogurt are great bonus snacks when you're looking for extra protein intake. It just so happens that its disguised as cheese cake (with a little big of bad calories but not as much!)

(I know isn't it exciting? keep reading)

Ingredients


CRUST

1 cup graham crackers
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon

First things first, you will need a pan, the smaller the better. The recipe I found called for a 6inch pan, but all I could find was 8inch which I think is standard. The only difference it will make is how thick the cake is!
-Preheat oven to 400-
In a blender, blend 1 cup graham crackers (the box I had equaled 6 big crackers to make 1 cup). You want to blend this on high for a minute so its breaks down into fine crumbs. 
Once that is done, add in all other ingredients. 
You can really adjust this to your own liking. I added more coconut oil while making this recipe to get a stickier consistency. The previous recipe felt too dry for me. You can add more syrup if you wanted as well for a sweeter flavor and a stickier crust. Spice it up! Do what ya want!
Once that all looks blended in nicely, toss that into your pan. 
With your hands press into the pan trying to evenly distribute the mixture on the bottom and as well as up the sides a little bit. It doesn't have to be perfect. Once this is done pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until it looks golden.

-turn oven down to 350 once you take crust out-

While that is baking we can start on the filling!


FILLING

1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
3 packets of stevia (2.5 tablespoons of sugar if not)
1 egg
1 tablespoon oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
  

mix all ingredients in a blender until you get a smooth consistency

By this time the crust is probably done if you haven't taken it out already.

Pour filling into the pan on top of the crust!


Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
The filling should look as if it as firmed up a little bit, but still slightly jiggly, not liquidy. 
25 minutes should be enough time but if you don't think it looks done put it back in for another 5!

This part is optional, I microwaved some raspberries last minute to make a fruit mixture for the topping! You can use whatever you like! This is what I had on hand.

Take cake out of the oven, add your topping of choice if desired then let cool in the fridge for a few minutes.

Cut serve and enjoy! yummmm!






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top